Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Wonderful Life of Post Degree-ness (Part II:II)

Thursday 2nd June, 2011 - Afternoon onwards


So very little happens on the train to his other than him pointing out the nowhere near complete Olympics stadium.  But we roll up into Bill-town, home of Gavin & Stacey, and I'm reallly nervous now.  Also coupled with the fact that his town is HUGE compared to mine.  A simple walk from the station to his was like a trek through the Andes for me :|.  But I notice it's just like a normal town but with huge houses and it's pretty.  He does the usual and points out here and there where stuff happened and where people live and the pub that's been renovated on the corner.  We stop off at a tiny series of shops close to his and grab some lager and all the time I'm in utter awe that I'm actually in Essex and not in the North-East where I've spent the entirety of my life.

We finally weave our way to his just before my feet drop off and my thoughts fluctuated between 'Why did I wear black?! It's so hot!; I'm about to meet his family..Eek!; I look a mess...didn't even have time to do my hair this morning!'.  We walk to the door, enter, and are greeted by his two lovely dogs.  I have such an obsession with one of them..





The bigger one just stared at me and expected me to keep throwing a ball O_o.  I like little snuggly dogs though.

So I meet his sister (who was really nice), and I’m incredibly anxious, and after a while we drop everything in his room and return downstairs to grab our alcohol – I need the courage!  And I sit down and worry some more.  I even worry whether I’m sat in her seat – everyone has their own seat – I don’t want to annoy her before she even knows me!  His friend turns up and we chill a bit more but I am really worried and really conscious about my rubbish stinky trainers on the end of my feet (I really didn’t have time to shop before going down).

His mother turns up signified by the dogs going absolutely crazy just as I was getting to know them.  She turns up and she's lovely but all I remember is that I had a really awkward conversation about how her son should wear blue to go with his eyes.  She looks in the mirror and goes 'can see where they come from, but I like him in pink'.  I remember disagreeing with her and saying I really do like him in blue.  I can't believe I just disagreed with his mother!  But all seems to go well and he saves me by dragging me out to the pub.

On the way I remember how good it felt to have the sun on my face (I was locked up for a lonnnggg time), to be somewhere new, with him, and at his home.  The pub went well though I got really drunk and must have come across as a creep to his friends - I told them I recognised them from across the room before I'd been introduced *facepalm*.  I can't really remember that night, perhaps it's a good thing?

We got home, got into bed, ready for London tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment