Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"I've lost my keys; Have you got them?"

Today I was on the way from work when I was crippled by this memory.  A memory that could even turn the terminally depressed into smiling.  Well so I believe.

In Summer 2010, me and a great friend of mine (one that you can guarantee would provide you with a night worth of unstoppable giggles) ventured down to her caravan (a place which will be repeatedly brought up in this blog of mine- trust me you'll be well acquainted with it by the end).  The usual events were just as normal.  Pre-lash in the van, more drink in the club.  Otherwise known as liver damage to those who are sober.

The next morning, bleary eyed and cursing what exactly had happened the night before (of what we had remembered) we sat in the early morning sunshine in the caravan's living room.  I was sprawled out on the sofas, my friend slowly getting up and rummaging through her bag.  Then moving into the bedroom.  Then coming back and going through her bag again.

Me: What you doing?
Her: I've lost my keys; Have you got them?
Me *rummages through own bag* No.

Somewhere in my murky mind I had remembered her giving me them.  But I can't remember whether I'd put them in my bag.  And I also remembered her playing with them in the club.
So here's the crux of it.  Where was her keys??

We looked at the car.  And that was still there (thankfully!).
We looked behind the couch.  And they weren't there.
We looked in the bedroom, around the kitchen, through all our bags and they weren't there.

S%^T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We walked across the grass and they couldn't be found.
So we decided to ask the bar staff.  They said that they hadn't had any keys handed in but they'd ring reception.

THEY WERE THERE!

So over to reception we go, inconceivably across the caravan park away from the entertainment centre (why?!).
There's a woman standing behind the counter with a pinkish box in front of her.  On the box was the label 'Returned Keys', and in the box was a hundred keys, obviously piled up from check out.
So my friend walks up and asks...
"Have any keys been handed in recently"

And I couldn't help but snort, giggle uncontrollably and finally gasp out "she means car keys" before I ran out of the door laughing so hard my ribs almost broke...

No comments:

Post a Comment