Wednesday, May 2, 2012

In Sixth Form,

I was walking down a street, avoiding getting run over by an insanely silent electric bus coming down a narrow bit of the street, when I walked directly into a bollard.

If it wasn't embarrassing enough to walk straight into something that is roughly half my height, I ended up colliding with it with such force I was pushed backwards and left hugging it to keep myself upright, my legs wrapped around it just above where it curves outwards.

On top of this as I managed to pull myself back up it in a weird tree hugging/climbing styled maneuver, I recovered to see four people sat ogling at me at an eat-in breakfast bar of a bakery.  It seemed it wasn't enough to walk into the bollard, but it had to be right in view of people that couldn't help but watch what was happening on the pavement directly in front of them.

In my own good nature I laughed about it afterwards.  Only I chose to break down in hysterics during a really serious Psychology class when the memory of it swam back into focus....


No comments:

Post a Comment